K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

7 Korean movies that flopped completely


7) Resurrection of the Little Match Girl (2002)
Director - Jang Sun Woo
Leads - Im Eun Kyung, Hyun Sung
Production cost - 11B won
Break-even point - 4M audience
Total audience - 70K audience
Netizen comment - I starred as an extra but I didn't expect the movie to turn out like this.



6) Sector 7 (2011)
Director - Kim Ji Hoon
Leads - Ha Jiwon, An Sung Ki, Oh Jiho
Production cost - 13B won
Break-even point - 4M audience
Total audience - 2.24M audience
Netizen comment - Towards the later part of the movie, I started cheering for the monster.



5) Real (2017)
Director - Lee Sarang
Leads - Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Sung Min, Sung Dong Il, Sulli
Production cost - 11.5B won
Break-even point - 3.3M audience
Total audience - 470K audience
Netizen comment - It made me interested in studying for the exam



4) Monstrum (2018)
Director - Heo Jong Ho
Leads - Kim Myung Min, Kim In Kwon, Hyeri
Production cost - 12.5B won
Break-even point - 3M audience
Total audience - 720K
Netizen comment - The director is about to go monstrous to pay back his debts...



3) Psychokinesis (2018)
Director - Yoon Sang Ho
Leads - Ryu Seung Ryong, Shim Eun Kyung
Production cost - 13B won
Break-even point - 3.7M audience
Total audience - 990K
Netizen comment - If I had a psychokinesis, I'd transport all the audience back home



2) Inrang (2018)
Director - Kim Ji Woon
Leads - Kang Dong Won, Han Hyo Joo, Jung Woo Sung
Production cost - 2.3B won
Break-even point - 6M audience
Total audience - 890K
Netizen comment - Ah, the popcorn was so delicious. The movie made me focus on the popcorn.



1) Race to Freedom Um Bok Dong (2019)
Director - Kim Yoo Sung
Leads - Rain, Kang Sora, Lee Bum Soo
Production cost - 15B won
Break-even point - 4M audience
Total audience - 170K
Netizen comment - I recommend this movie to a couple that wants to go wild in a deserted theater

-

Pann: 7 Korean movies that flopped completely

1. [+98, -1] I'm an ajussi who remembers Resurrection of the Little Match Girl and it's not even something to laugh about. The production cost 11B won isn't the 11B in the present day. It was 11B 20 years ago, which is equivalent to 50~100B. They filmed whatever they wanted... The main actors were the CF girl of SKT Im Eun Kyung who had no acting experience and a rapper Kim Jin Pyo who is an MC on Show Me The Money... The food cost for the staff was big enough but towards 2/3 of the filming process, the director said, "Now Eun Kyung's acting seems stable. Can we re-film everything from the beginning?" Because of this one movie, 3 production companies and 3 buildings were sold away.

2. [+67, -2] Rain contributed a lot to making Race to Freedom Um Bok Dong flop. It was so inconsiderate of him to post on Instagram like that. Because of him, people didn't even anticipate the movie anymore.

3. [+62, -1] The netizen comments are so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+51, -1] Where's this movie... I'm OK with anything so I enjoyed Sector 7 but this movie was a total waste of my money.



5. [+30, -0] I avoided all... Let me compliment myself.

6. [+11, -0] Give my money back. There were like 10 people in the theatre... I should've known at that time, ugh...


Back To Top