K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

People can leave their belongings in cafes in Korea without getting them stolen?


Pann: Korean cafes that are a cultural shock in other countries

1. [+325, -5] I went to the library with my brother to study together. I didn't talk to him at all during the studying. When he went to the bathroom, I took money out of his wallet to buy food and the person sitting across asked me what I was doing with wide eyes. I was flustered and clarified that he's my brother. I waited until he came back and was like, "Let me take a dollar from you" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ People protect your stuff.

2. [+319, -1] Yes... I've never even thought of stealing any belonging.

3. [+257, -2] In other countries, leaving your stuff like that makes no sense even if there are security cameras ㅋㅋㅋ They can pickpocket your stuff in a second. Leaving all your stuff to go to the bathroom is like asking them to steal your stuff. They tend to think it's their fault for not being careful. Korea's safety is good in this aspect ㅋㅋ

4. [+181, -0] It reminds me of this.


(Whoever left their mushroom at exit 11 of Jamsil Station, please take it)


5. [+156, -1] People don't steal laptops that are just sitting there but they do steal bikes that are locked ㅋㅋ

6. [+139, -2] I think it's because Koreans care about how others see them. Now I realize it's not so bad to care about how others see you.

7. [+139, -1] The more people there are around me, the more comfortable I feel ㅋㅋㅋ Even without saying anything, I expect people around me to watch over my stuff. If someone sitting next to me goes to the bathroom and there's a person wandering around suspiciously, I will be eyeing on them ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+78, -0] We trust each other ㅋㅋㅋ When I was young, I was asked by an ajussi who sells oranges to watch over his truck.

9. [+77, -3] Korea is a good country to live if you're rich.

10. [+65, -0] In the past when security cameras didn't exist, people left their wallet on the table to claim their spot.

11. [+63, -0] I think it's a collaboration between "I care about how others see me" & "I'm suspicious of others" ㅋㅋㅋ You can't steal because you care about how others see you and you're suspicious of everyone.

12. [+61, -0] Agreed. When someone sitting next to me leaves for a moment, I watch over their stuff automatically ㅋㅋㅋ My mind becomes peaceful when they come back.

Back To Top