People expected GFriend to flop but they got popular
People expected Boyfriend to be popular but they flopped
Pann: Idol group that I thought wouldn't get popular but did
1. [+474, -69] EXO... I thought they'd never be popular when I listened to their debut song Mama but they hit big with Growl. They're now a top group...
2. [+416, -50] EXO ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I found their superpower concept ridiculous and thought SM was just pushing their visuals ㅋㅋㅋ I didn't expect their current popularity.
3. [+349, -47] EXO...
4. [+164, -38] I'm not a fan but BTS ㅋㅋㅋㅋ When Rapmon was promoting with a weird-looking reggae hairstyle, I thought the group would disappear quietly. I never thought they'd be this big ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+158, -19] BTS ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was like, "Bangtan Boys? Are they brothers with Boys' Republic or what?" I didn't know they'd become this popular.
6. [+124, -3] Isn't it honestly Girl's Day...
7. [+114, -8] I thought BTS and GFriend wouldn't get popular... I found BTS' name questionable and Rapmon had a weird hairstyle and sunglasses with thick smokey makeup. I didn't think they'd get popular but they did. GFriend was called UglyFriend since debut, so I thought they had a lot of antis.
8. [+101, -3] When BTS debuted in 2013, didn't people get them confused with Boys' Republic? ㅋㅋ They have similar names... I think they were a rivalry but now BTS is too popular... I honestly thought Boys' Republic would be more popular.
9. [+83, -5] Seventeen ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I didn't like them at first because there were too many members but now I'm a Carat.
10. [+80, -1] GFriend is hugely affected by Yuju. The slippery stage went viral and her good singing skills got them famous again.
11. [+48, -0] Isn't it EXID the ultimate one? No one had expected it.
12. [+39, -4] I thought Oh My Girl would hit daebak with Closer... Their name got known but the results weren't big. I like all of Oh My Girl's songs, I hope they get popular this time. Their health comes first though.
13. [+30, -1] I thought Nine Muses would get popular but they didn't... When will the unnies be popular?
14. [+24, -0] Boyfriend's I Yah is fucking good. It still doesn't sound old-fashioned and it doesn't get boring.
15. [+17, -1] BTS for sure. 4 years ago, I was eating sullungtang by myself at Apgujung and a bunch of skinny handsome guys walked in while greeting the people. I asked them fearlessly what their group name was and they said they were Bangtan Boys Scout. I was like "Ah~ ㅎㅎ" but I thought, "What the hell do they mean by boy scout?" Now I really regret not getting their autograph ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Whenever BTS is on TV, I tell my mom that they're the ones that I saw ㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋ