Kim Hwan Sung (NRG)
Born: February 14, 1981
Died: June 15, 2000
On June 6, 2000, he was assumed to have caught a cold and was hospitalized. After two days, he suddenly had trouble with breathing and was moved to an intensive care unit. After 2~3 days, he passed away.
To this day, doctors do not know what the virus he had was. When he was hospitalized, he couldn't be prescribed with medicine because his cause was unknown. There was no available other treatment either.
After he fell unconscious, his lungs kept getting filled with fluid. He got a surgery for alternative lungs but he was already brain-dead. The doctor decided that it was only making him suffer more and suggested his family to remove the respirator from him. On June 15, 2000, the respirator was removed and Kim Hwan Sung passed away.
(Writing 'Kim Hwan Sung' on Pann gets filtered)
Pann: Strange word 'Kim Hwan Sung' which gets filtered
1. [+155, -1] Hul, it's so scary how they don't know what the virus is
2. [+95, -0] It's not certain but it might be because people went too far with joking about him... Even Kim Jin Pyo's wife said the joke...
- [+71, -1] Some hateful commenters and Kim Jin Pyo's wife insulted him by saying that he died of STD.
- [+92, -0] STD... That's insane, how can they say this to someone dead?
- [+101, -0] What the fuck, Kim Jin Pyo is an ilbe user and his wife insults dead people~ What a perfect match
3. [+76, -3] How did you even find out that his name gets filtered?
4. [+47, -1] Antonio... His sudden death made noona fans very sad. I really wanted to slap the people who insulted and cursed him. He was about to die but they were posting curses online. Those who came to Hwan Sung's funeral and talked loudly need to reflect as well. I can't believe they came to see their own bias and were being loud at the funeral. It brings me memories to see Hwan Sung out of the blue ㅠㅠ
5. [+46, -0] They didn't know the cause at that time, but it was later predicted that it was SARS. He was suddenly diagnosed with it when he was promoting in China. It tears me up to think about it... NRG members still write mourning messages on the day of his death.
6. [+32, -1] I don't know why his name gets filtered but let me clarify this. His death didn't happen right after his debut. He had released 3 albums and was a singer for 3 years. He was very popular in China. He actively promoted in Korea as well and was very much loved by his fans. Like people say these days, his love for fans was amazing. He was so lovely and he had a good character... He was a very good and cool person. It's been 16 years but I don't think I can ever forget him.
7. [+30, -0] NRG was a first generation idol group and they were the first group to have 'hallyu-dol' title. They promoted in China a lot. One day, he got sick in the middle of their Chinese promotions and had a shot at a hospital. After that, he had a fever and his conditions worsened much more. His symptoms were similar to SARS and SARS was hugely spreading in China at that time (it's still unconfirmed). I heard that he became infected with the SARS virus because of the shot he had, but they didn't treat him properly after that so he passed away.
8. [+26, -0] What's more heartbreaking is that 3 days before Hwan Sung died, he was hospitalized but he left a voice message for his fans and said he was OK. So the fans were calm but he suddenly died 3 days after... It was so sudden... It was so shocking at that time.
9. [+23, -0] Oh my god, NRG.... I can't believe I'm seeing him on Pann... I wasn't a fan and I found out about him later, but seeing him makes my heart ache. Rest in peace...
10. [+19, -1] I was in grade 8 back then. There was an NRG fan in my class. On an exam day, she cried at school and she passed out...