K-pop and Korean entertainment from Korean fans' perspective

Rio 2016 Olympics: Viral Chinese swimmer + North Korean & South Korean athletes unite

Journalist: "Your record is 58 seconds 95'! You won a bronze medal!"

Swimmer: "58 seconds 95'!!!! Was I that fast???"

Swimmer: "I'm so satisfied!"
Journalist: "What was your original record?"

Swimmer: "I don't have a record. I just used all of my strength. This is the best record so far. I've worked so hard. I'm so satisfied with today's result."

Journalist: "Do you also look forward to tomorrow's competition?"
Swimmer: "No! I'm already really satisfied!!!"

Journalist: "You were only 0.01 second late than the silver medalist. Do you feel regretful?"
Swimmer: "Not at all!!! I guess my hand was shorter!"

Swimmer: "Yay!!!!"


Pann: Chinese bronze medalist who went viral

1. [+915, -2] "I guess my hand was shorter" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So cute ㅋㅋ

2. [+682, -7] I hope our athletes would also have fun competitions and return safely without worrying too much about medals <3

3. [+591, -1] She must've been really surprised ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cute

4. [+277, -1] I want to be like her ㅠㅠ If I got a lower medal by 0.1 second, I would be really annoyed and stressed.

5. [+205, -4] A bronze medal is really good, too. It means the world's 3rd best. It's sad how people only remember gold medalists.


Kim Song Guk (North Korean athlete for shooting) shook hands with Jin Jong Oh (South Korean athlete for shooting) and said, "We will win a bigger medal if we unite!"


Pann: What the North Korean shooting athlete Kim Sung Guk hesitantly said

1. [+446, -1] Kim Song Guk was placed third but as soon as Jin Jong Oh won a gold medal, he lingered around to greet him. It was so cute and made me tear up ㅠㅠ

2. [+381, -3] He must've considered a lot to say that as a North Korean athlete ㅠㅠ So touching

3. [+310, -4] This is the reason why the Olympics exist ㅠㅠ Kya

4. [+181, -0] It made me sad but I was also worried because of what might happen to him when he goes back to North Korea.

5. [+141, -0] This person is the problem

Back To Top