Pann: Winner and Red Velvet get way too much hate for not bringing public-friendly songs
1. [+193, -12] Winner has been around for 3 years but they've only released one album 'Empty'. It's an emotional ballad, which is a disadvantage for idols to gain fans. They only promoted for 2 months. All they did in three years was guest on Weekly Idol. They're literally holding on with the fans they gained on WIN. But Sentimental was #1 when it was released and it's still in top 20. I don't understand why people say it's a flop.
2. [+183, -9] On Actor School, one of the cast said, "Sorry to say this but why is Winner's song not charting high?" Taehyun said, "Oh, us? Yeah... I wrote the title track so I'm quite concerned about it these days." He looked like he was blaming himself and I felt bad watching him. Don't bash them for their results, it's the most hurtful thing for the singers. Red Velvet's song is also good, what more can they do? Drama OSTs and other digital monsters are all out there, they're doing fine.
3. [+175, -10] They're pursuing the music they want to do, is this something to get criticized? What's wrong with not getting good results? It's Winner's first comeback but they were #5 on Gaon's monthly chart and #3 for physical sales. Red Velvet's rank also keeps increasing.
4. [+60, -1] It's true that Winner had Winner TV before debut. But do you know how many years fans had to wait since then? We had to wait for 2 years. During the time, light fans left and some fans were disappointed that Empty and Sentimental aren't pop-ish songs that Winner pursued on WIN. But Winner still managed to be #5 on digital chart in February and their fans donated 100 million won at a recent concert. Winner is still doing relatively well.
5. [+55, -5] I'm an SM stan and I don't like YG songs because they aren't my type. But I like Winner's Sentimental and also liked Empty and Don't Flirt. So Winner is the only likeable YG artist for me. It's not like I hate or like other YG artists though.
6. [+47, -1] Honestly, Winner's blues genre is just unfamiliar, the song is still really good. People just don't listen because blues is an unfamiliar genre. The quality is amazing.
7. [+44, -0] Winner and Red Velvet's songs aren't factory-manufactured hook songs. In Winner's song, every sound has its details. You can't compare them to factory-manufactured hook songs.
8. [+44, -8] They can fuck off. Public-friendly? If you want something public-friendly, then go listen to Brave Brothers or Shinsadong Tiger. What's the point of creating high quality sounds and quality music videos when everything is judged by digital ranking? Korea's Music Awards nominees weren't even top 100 on Melon.
9. [+41, -0] Winner and Red Velvet's songs are much better than typical autotuned idol songs.
10. [+38, -1] Then they can listen to electronic songs. Both songs are high quality, they just don't appeal to the public.