K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Sung Si Kyung's controversial statement + Twitter reactions

2013.06.28

The hosts are talking about a film 'Girl With a Pearl Earring'

Kim Hyeri: "Peter was played by an actor Cillian Murphy who has very beautiful eyes... Do you know the film 'The Wind That Shakes the Barley'? He was a main character in the film so he has a lot of fans."

Sung Si Kyung: "OK."

Kim Hyeri: "So Peter was liked as a son-in-law because he was a son of a butcher."

Sung Si Kyung: "Huh... His face is the type that I hate the most. Look up Cillian Murphy, he looks like a snake."

Kim Hyeri: "He has many fans, aren't you worried about your statement?"

Sung Si Kyung: "The foreign fans hah... Oh, he also has a lot of Korean fans."

Kim Hyeri: "Yes he does."

Sung Si Kyung: "Ugly people are allowed to talk recklessly. Sorry, it's because I'm ugly."

-

People on Twitter:


"Get a grip, Sung Si Kyung-ssi"



"Sung Si Kyung is freaking handsome."



"These two versions are all handsomer than Sung Si Kyung"



"My hard drive is handsomer than Sung Si Kyung"



"A coke cup with a pair of glasses is handsomer than Sung Si Kyung"



"I want to take Sung Si Kyung's glasses off and put him on a street of Gwanghwamun or Myungdong to see how many people will actually recognize him."

"Sung Si Kyung's nicknames on Twitter are hilarious... 'Singing Jang Dongmin', 'soft-voiced Kim Gura', 'slave of glasses' ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

"And he cried like Sung Si Kyung losing his glasses."



My cat is handsomer than Sung Si Kyung #I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung

Is that so? #I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung

My dog says #I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung

Ah what is with this hashtag ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ #I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung

Well, it's the truth #I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung

#I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung What is this tag

#I'mHandsomerThanSungSiKyung This hashtag is so charming...

-

Another statement

Sung Si Kyung asked Kim Hyeri if she liked flowers and she said yes. He asked the same questions to the female writers and said, "this is why you guys don't have boyfriends. You have to get rid of the fantasy. If a woman starts to like flowers, it means that she's old."

=

Instiz: Twitter is on fire after Sung Si Kyung's past statement

- Well, a 5-year-old also likes flowers

- There are a lot of bad rumors about him. The only good thing about him is his music.

- Hello, I'm a big fan of Cillian Murphy ㅠㅠ sobs...

- The hard drive looks like Sung Si Kyung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Sung Si Kyung tends to push his own opinions, which is dislikeable

- Ugh, can he stop putting down other people's looks and bodies? He's so annoying

- What's with his logic that ugly people can judge others?

Back To Top