K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Never-ending comparisons of SM & YG



Pann: As someone who's a fan of both SM and YG



=


1. [+110, -21] I'm an SM stan but sometimes, YG debuts striking ones and I stan them ㅋㅋ The ones like GD, Taeyang, Taehyun, Mino, Bobby and Junhoe ㅋㅋ

2. [+91, -0] People have the same eyes. SM and YG are too different so they get compared a lot and their charms stand out more. Some people don't understand liking both SM and YG but isn't it normal to like both Korean food and Western food? The fun aspect of different things... My favorite artists are in both SM and YG

3. [+66, -0] Same here ㅋㅋ I'm not a vip but I used to like YG's music and didn't really like SM but nowadays, I listen to SM more often. I like f(x) so much ㅠㅠ SM has the best Japanese songs ㅋㅋ I think they're better than Korean tracks. I want them to be released in Korean version

4. [+61, -122] But YG has the musicality

5. [+50, -59] Honestly YG can never beat SM in terms of idols ㅋㅋ They never did in history

6. [+45, -23] Yang Hyun Suk has grudge on Lee Soo Man. Their teasers were obviously similar. Why is Hyun Suk copying what SM did before? Like the Japanese and Chinese advancements. There was a YG teaser for Chinese advancement and it was totally SM's style ㅋㅋ And how they copy the goods and etc. YG is #1 when it comes to copying and yet people think YG is something great

7. [+44, -6] I don't understand why SM's image is "pretty artists who can't sing." SM has a lot of talented artists like SHINee and TVXQ. They also dance well

8. [+40, -0] I experienced a new world when TVXQ debuted. Handsome boys who looked daebak did harmony as they sang live... And when Bigbang debuted, I saw a new charm I didn't find in TVXQ... TVXQ was mostly liked by girls, and Bigbang was liked by my brother and my guy friends. I again praised SM when SHINee debuted... Pretty idols sang live perfectly while dancing hard. I shouted daebak. When GD, Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung, and TOP released their solos, I was amazed at how any of them didn't lack as a member. I was again awed at SM when SNSD sang live while dancing, and was amazed at 2NE1's stage presence easily beating boy groups... I was confused with f(x) because their concept was new but their unique music was cool. EXO is also a good idea but I'm not sure yet. We still have to see more. The same goes to Winner. Empty hit daebak but I'm not sure if this is the music they're gonna pursue. Both companies are competing with different styles, which is good for the consumers

9. [+36, -1] YG for rappers and SM for vocals

10. [+30, -2] Ah but I'm not so sure. It's personal preferences but the public seems to prefer YG, excluding the fans... I don't understand why SM's image turned out like this ㅠㅠ

11. [+26, -0] YG's problem is their media-play and SM's problem is Yoo Young Jin's lyrics. Someone stop them.

12. [+24, -0] But SM get so much hate... YG gets approved for their talent and hip-hop but SM is only known for the visuals... It's their image



Back To Top