K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Phone call anxiety?

Pann: I thought I was the only one who did this

When someone you don't know well calls you - you mute the phone and ignore the call
When someone you know well calls you - you contemplate for a moment, ignore the call, and text them "Why did you call me?"
When you end up answering the call - You don't know what to say and you're too lazy to answer. When the call drags on, you put it on speaker and browse Facebook and talk lamely. After hanging up, you think, "Ah, talking to someone on the phone is so awkward."

-

1. [+329, -278] Is this a new mental illness?

2. [+321, -62] I even avoid calling my close friends... Please don't call me, it's so awkward.

3. [+267, -32] It's so me... I feel like it's a waste of time because I don't know how long the phone call will be.

4. [+152, -10] I hate it when I'm on the phone with my friend while I'm busy and my friend is on their way to home, and they hang up as they reach home.

5. [+97, -149] Why are so many people mental? This must be the result of not learning basic manners at a young age. People like them have no social skills.

6. [+95, -4] I thought this was talking about me.

7. [+77, -8] Wow, I actually find phone calls more comfortable. I talk more on the phone than in person. During school break, I used to talk to my friend for 2 hours at night everyday ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The friend got charged over $50 for phone bills.

8. [+75, -2] Me... I even hate calling my close friends.

9. [+61, -1] There's no way I can get a boyfriend. I see couples posting screenshots of calling their significant other for an hour on Facebook. How do they do that? I wanted to set a record like that in middle school, so I asked my friend to help and we did set a record. We just did our own things on the phone without saying anything.

10. [+55, -1] Agreed ㅋㅋㅋㅋ If it's from a number I don't know, I don't answer the call. I'd text them "Who is this?" and save their number on Katalk to see their profile picture.

11. [+49, -40] It's puberty.

12. [+41, -1] Phone call anxiety is real. I also mute the phone and don't answer the call. After a couple of hours, I'd text, "Sorry, I was busy and couldn't answer." I really hate phone calls, please don't call me.

13. [+33, -21] This place is full of outsiders.

14. [+31, -0] But texting would take 30 minutes whereas a phone call would take 2 minutes.

15. [+28, -6] This is a little... I think your social skills are very lacking. You can't avoid phone calls forever. I think it's something you should fix.

Back To Top