K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

K-pop Star 3 judges are biased? Something fans are mad

Requested post

Pann: Anybody sad for Something's elimination on K-POP Star 3?


I really loved the style of Something songs so I wished they wouldn't be eliminated but they just got eliminated from the Top 8 today.

Their songs were admittedly repetitive but weren't their lyrics innocent and good? 

Yoo Heeyeol seemed to be sad today.

When JYP and YG said Something's lyrics were childish, I wondered "how can 18-year-old and 23-year-old know what 30~40-year-olds think?" And when the judges were about to judge Something, I could guess how they were going to judge them.

The judges complimented all the contestants at least once but they never did for Something. Something members are not professional composers, there's no way Something could meet the ridiculously high standards the judges were expecting from them. I felt so bad. I didn't understand why the judges were so hard on them and Something members had never even met each other before K-pop Star.

Am I the only one who wished Something wouldn't be eliminatedㅠㅠㅠ I wish they would officially release their self-composed songs.

I personally liked Something and cheered for them. So I'm sad that they're eliminated. I wish to see them on the stage again. Something fighting!



=====


1. [+50, -5] I think the judges are too biased... When Something was announced to be eliminated, Yoo Heeyeol looked really serious and sorry but YG and JYP were smiling. It gave me goosebumps.

2. [+32, -3] I was so sad to see Something and Nam Young Joo eliminated. I wanted to keep seeing themㅠ I've barely seen the judges complimenting Something.. And I cheered for Nam Young Joo because she had a good voice... But top8, fighting!

3. [+32, -39] I'm happy to see Nam Young Joo eliminated hehe

4. [+22, -17] Something... TBH I completely agree with the judges... They're very talented with playing instruments... But I think their lyrics are always repeating and boring... I think YG called them "too young" to criticize in a good way... To compare them, Akdong Musician were younger than them but their lyrics were relatable to even 20~30 year old people.. And they weren't boring.. Honestly 21Century Chameleon sounded like an anime theme song. I think they could improve over time.

5. [+18, -0] I'm so dumbfounded. When they expressed the feelings of middle-aged people, the judges said "it's too old" "it's not suited for your age" and criticized everything but when they expressed the feelings of their own age, the judges said "it's childish" "40 year old people can't relate to it". What the hell do they want Something to do? It's hard to even sing a song that could relate to all the audiences but they have to COMPOSE it. I think YG and JYP just don't like Something.

6. [+14, -1] I really agree ㅠㅠ Why are they so desperate to put down Something ㅠㅠ And I think the judges like kids to much.. And they're being really biased. Hap Chae could dance but they couldn't sing at all... and it's not like they could write songs like Something.. I really wanted to punch the judges when Jung Se Woon was eliminated because of Hap Chae.

7. [+12, -1] I wish the songs would be released digitally ㅠㅠ

8. [+10, -0] The best reply is right, the judges are too biased.. If they want to make their favorite kids win 1st, then they should just eliminate them and scout them to their companies. And I find JYP the most annoying. When his least favorite contestants perform, his expression turns bad even before it starts. But if his favorite contestants perform, he jumps around and looks so happy.

9. [+10, -1] Yeah ㅠㅠ I feel so bad for them.

Back To Top